Social icons


We decided way back in September that Remy's big Christmas present this year was going to be a dollhouse. I chose the Hearth and Hand dollhouse from Target, and I'm so glad that I purchased it at the beginning of October because it seems to be really hard to find now!


I've been documenting our progress in my Instagram stories, and it's been really fun hearing from so many people that either love dollhouses or are just cheering me on. 


I planned to renovate it a little bit to make it pretty for Remy, and there is so much inspiration out there! I had no idea what a "world" dollhouses have, but I spent a lot of time choosing just the right accessories for Remy.



I wallpapered the first and third floors and painted the second floor the same color as Remy's bedroom walls. The "wallpaper" that I used was cardstock that I printed on from my home printer. The third floor was super easy to wallpaper, as I just traced the disassembled walls and then mod-podged the paper on. The first floor was a little trickier, but it wasn't too bad. I'd say that it took me about an hour one night after the girls were in bed.


Initially, I was going to paint the green doors, but I think they ended up working really well. The second floor paint color is Cameo Stone by Behr.





It was important to me that Remy had things that she could relate to in her dollhouse, so I wanted to find some miniature versions of things that she has and loves: a mini nugget couch, a mini playground, mini loveys, and I added a mini dollhouse. Most of these things are going on the third floor which is sort of like a little playroom.





I recreated some art that we have around our own home and in Remy and Bryn's bedrooms, as well as shrunk down some of Remy's paintings to hang on the walls in here. She's already so proud to see her art on the walls of our house; I think she's going to lose it when she sees it on the walls of her dollhouse as well. I can't wait to see her notice it!





I especially love the miniature Navajo rug. We lived in Crownpoint, NM when Remy was born which is home to the monthly Navajo Rug Auction. We went almost every month and really miss going. Before we moved back to New York, we bought two rugs. One hangs on the wall in our dining room and the other hangs on the wall in Remy's bedroom. I mod-podged the mini clothespins to the wall and they're holding the rug up. We'll see how long those last before she or Bryn destroy them.



Sources



Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.