Social icons


I'm introducing a new series today called Splurge, Spend, or Save! I'm really excited about it, and I hope you all love it as much as I do. 

*links contain affiliates*


I've had such a positive response over the past several months sharing my "this or that" segment on my Instagram stories. For those not familiar, I like to share dupes for trendy and popular items. I enjoy finding less expensive items for kids the most, but also love home and some women's fashion items as well! I have a highlight saved on my instagram page if you'd ever like to look through the things that I've shared so far.


Secondly, I always get a strong response when I share fun finds and curated roundups, like Christmas stockings and Easter baskets. So I've decided to combine those and put together a series where I find comparable items at tiered pricing-- high, middle, and low.


So was born Splurge, Spend, or Save. I just really want parents like me to understand that they don't need to give their kids the most expensive things to feel like you've given them a carefully curated experience-- Easter Baskets in this case. I really, really enjoy finding fun novelty items, and I enjoy finding inexpensive alternatives even more! I think I've put together a really fun roundup for the Save portion of today's post, and I'd be excited to give it to my kids.


Things that I like to include in Easter baskets are anything that we'd have to buy for them anyway for the spring and summer. For example: a new swim suit, some summer sandals or new sneakers, outdoor toys, bubbles, and sidewalk chalk. I always love to include a new stuffed animal friend, some candy, and a book. I didn't include books in this roundup, but one of my favorite places to go for inexpensive books is Ollie's!


So, without further adieu, here is the Splurge Basket:





The Splurge Basket totals out at a whopping $236.04, and this is with both the swimsuit and the sandals being on sale. With that being said, the actual basket is a one-time expense as you could use it year after year. But wow, right?


All sources for the Splurge basket are linked here.



The Spend Basket:





The Spend Basket totals out to $77.18, which still feels so steep, but when you consider that you're buying things like sandals and swim suits (things you'd likely need to buy for your kids for the summer anyway!), it makes it a little easier to swallow. Once again, this is with any current sales going on.


Spend Basket sources are linked here.



The Save Basket:





And finally, the Save Basket totals out to $37.46-- literally less than four dollars more than the baby bunny plushie in the Splurge basket! As you can see, you can still find some novelty items that are just a little extra special-- like the confetti play doh at just over $1/can, and the egg sidewalk chalk! So fun and festive. I also really loved browsing the Squishmallow selection at Five Below (the stuffed animal in this basket), and found a bunch of bug ones! So spring-like, and a little nod to the bug spring collection from Slumberkins this year. 


Obviously if you chose not to add a swimsuit and sandals in this basket, it would be really inexpensive, but once again those are my favorite things to add as easter basket fillers. My husband said that this Save Basket is his favorite one-- just something a little nostalgic about it.


Sources for the Save Basket are linked here.


I'll be sharing what I've actually included in my kids' Easter baskets really soon. It truly is one of my favorite things to put together, and it's something that I like to collect things for year-round. And this year is not only my first year having three Easter baskets to put together, but it's also my first year having a baby boy! I'm so excited to assemble his little blue basket.


What are some of your favorite items to include in your kids' Easter baskets? What do you remember most about your Easter baskets as a child? Are you a Splurge, Spend, or Save personality?




Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.